Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Leica Disto D5


I was talking to a friend the other day, who works in the roofing business. He was complaining to me about his old age. “It’s not easy to climb up onto the roof anymore,” he grumbled, “Every time I lean that ladder against the wall and look up, the roof seems to have gotten further away. If only I could save myself a trip up and down.”
If he had complained about this a couple of months ago I would have just given him a sympathetic pat on the back and continued the conversation. But, now I had a solution for him!
Leica had announced that they were coming out with a new Laser Distance Measuring Device, the Disto D5. I was curious as to what new functions the Disto D5 would have so I researched it and what I found astounded me!
The Leica Disto D5 has a new function that no other Laser Distance Measuring Device has! It is called the Trapezium function. It can measure roof slopes and facade areas quickly with just the push of a button! Which means that you can stand on the ground, with the Disto D5 in your hand, shoot it to the roof in a couple of places, and it will come up with an area for you!
I excitedly informed my friend of this new device, and I assured him that it would save him many trips up and down his ladder! He was ecstatic!
“That’s not all!” I explained enthusiastically, “The Disto D5 is a very user friendly tool. It has complex equations that it breaks down for the user into simple answers and measurements. The Disto D5 integrated digital point finder with a 4x zoom and a color display. It makes finding the target at long distances much easier.”
“The Disto D5 also has a built in tilt sensor,” I continued breathlessly. “You can quickly and simply measure slopes up to ± 45°. The tilt sensor also allows you to measure absolutely horizontally or measure past obstructions (horizontal distance). You can also measure up to 100 m without a target plate and up to 200 m using a target plate, without having to take a single step!”
My friend looked at me in amazement. “This device has everything I need!” he said, “I want one and I’m going to buy one!”

No comments: